In 2011 the government introduced a €200 annual PLC programme participant contribution. To check if you qualify for an exemption please consult www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0013_2011.pdf from which the following extract is taken.
9. Any learner who enrols on an approved PLC course is eligible to pay the €200 PLC programme participant contribution.
10. The contribution is an annual contribution. Eligible participants on PLC courses of more than one year’s duration must pay the contribution for each year of that course.
11. The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the contribution:
• Full medical card holders in their own right and their dependent children;
• Those who are eligible under the student grant scheme;
• Those in receipt of the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) or Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) allowances.