Transition Year is a one-year programme between Junior Cycle and Senior Cycle. It is designed to act as a link between the two by aiding the easy transition from the more dependent learning of the Junior Cycle to the more independent self-directed learning required for the Senior Cycle.
The Benefits of Transition Year in Kylemore College
- Add a valuable set of experiences and new skills to your CV
- Discover more about your strengths and develop more understanding and confidence about yourself as a person.
- Build a solid foundation of skills for Leaving Cert/Leaving Cert Applied programmes.
- Become a more mature person.
- Enjoy a year filled with different activity based learning experiences.
- Improved Leaving Cert and Leaving Cert Applied results.
Transition year is designed to help our students make the change from junior cycle to senior cycle. At Kylemore College we help them discover their personal strengths and to develop the social, interpersonal and academic skills necessary to continue their education into senior cycle and to pursue their chosen career in whatever field they choose. This involves:
- Providing the students with opportunities to mature, emphasizing the importance of social awareness and social competence.
- Developing a wide variety of general, technical and academic skills involving inter-disciplinary and self directed learning.
- Preparing them for work and adulthood as a basis for personal development and maturity.