- The JCSP Library in Kylemore College is a purpose built resource to promote better reading and numeracy amongst our day students.
- It is funded through the Junior Certificate Schools Programme. 80% of our 11,600 items are especially sourced to aid in running initiatives to promote better reading and math standards.
- All of our second level students are members of the library.
- During library classes students participate in reading, comprehension and writing exercises.
- We run a variety of JCSP initiatives such as Reading Challenges, Drop Everything and Read, Word Millionaire as well as Reading for Pleasure.
- The whole school is committed to the idea that literacy standards are a key to success in life, both in school and outside school.
- Since we started in 2007 we have seen library use increase year on year. Our targets are framed by our DEIS plan, both in literacy and numeracy, and the library works very hard to make an impact on those targets.
- No student can leave Kylemore College and say they don’t read or haven’t read a book. All of our students are readers and are very happy to take part in our library activities.
Building on Success, Aiming for Excellence © 2018